Grilling season is finally here! It’s time for the backyard BBQ and I could not be more happier. Of course, that might be because I just now learned to use a grill. I know, it’s bad. In my defense, I was given a George Forman grill in college and that is all I’ve known.
I branched out a few weeks ago and began grilling everything. I love grilled veggies and my family does as well. That being said, if you’re grilling out, making side dishes is a big thing too.
Everyone loves a good potato salad however, the store bought potato salads are full of unpronounceable ingredients and honestly, they don’t taste nearly as good as homemade. This recipe is very easy and customizable, I hope you enjoy it!
All American Potato Salad
- 5 pounds Idaho Potatoes
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 small onion diced
- 1 Green Pepper seeded and diced
- ¼ cup Sweet Relish (optional) adds a sweetness
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- Peel and dice potatoes. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, boiling potatoes for about 20 minutes or until fork tender.
- In a large bowl, combine chopped potatoes, mayonnaise, chopped onion, green pepper, and relish.
- Season with salt pepper and celery salt.
- Mix well. Cover, and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
That’s it! Super simple and crazy delicious. You could use Vegenaise in place of mayo if you’d like and you’ll still get that original all-American taste. Your family will love this potato salad! Serve it with some grilled veggies such as zucchini, corn and asparagus or even delicious grilled fruit such as pineapple. It is amazing what a good grill can do!
I hope you enjoy, don’t forget to check out our co-op if you live in or around the Broken Arrow area!